Welcome to the website of International Symposium on Applied Structural Equation Modeling and Methodological Matters (SASEM) 2021. SASEM is an international conference to perpetuate the discourse and the use of SEM and research methods as well as a platform for learning and networking. The 1st SASEM was held in Sarawak in 2017. The 2nd SASEM was then held in Malacca two years later in 2019. Unfortunately, the 3rd SASEM in Bali in 2020 was postponed indefinitely due the outbreak of COVID-19 and the subsequent travel restrictions. The plan to having 4th SASEM in another country is thus put on hold. Nevertheless, a prelude of SASEM was organized virtually in June 2020. Four SEM experts were invited as speakers, namely Professor Christian Ringle, Professor Marko Sarstedt, Professor Ramayah Thurasamy and Professor Wen-Lung Shiau, and more than a thousand delegates attended.
While we are waiting for the time when traveling is safe again and that SASEM can be held physically in Bali, the Committee of Sarawak Research Society (SRS) and mySEM decide to proceed with SASEM2021 on an online platform. Hence SASEM2021 will be held virtually with the details as follows:
Theme: Advances in Explaining and Predicting Offline/Online Behaviours
Date: 10 July 2021 (Saturday)
Time: 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM; 1:30 PM – 4:00 PM (Malaysia time, GMT+8)
Platform: Zoom (Meeting details will be sent to participants after payment is done)
SASEM2021 is chaired by Associate Professor Dr. Mumtaz Ali Memon and Dr. Francis Chuah. Mumtaz Ali is an Associate Professor of Human Resource Management at the NUST Business School (NBS), Islamabad, Pakistan. He is also the Managing Editor of the Journal of Applied Structural Equation Modeling (JASEM) which has been included in SCOPUS. Francis is the senior lecturer Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM). He specialises in micro/behavioural strategy and management. He is the co-Managing Editor of the Journal of Applied Structural Equation Modelling. A list of scientific and working committee will be provided soon and they will assist the chairpersons by organising the event and reviewing the submitted papers. General enquiries should be directed to email@example.com.
- Keynote Speech/Expert Forum
- Presentation of the Selected Papers
- Enriching Comments from the Panel
- Publication and Award-giving Ceremony
- Open for Registration: 22 February 2021
- Deadline for Registration & Paper Submission: 10 May 2021
- Announcement of Paper Decisions: 17 May 2021
- Deadline for Payment: 14 June 2021
- All papers must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org before 10 MAY.
- The authors should refer to JASEM guidelines to prepare the paper. (https://jasemjournal.com/home/guidelines/)
REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT PROCEDURES
(as of January 2021)
- Registration is mandatory for every participant. Be sure you provide complete and correct details in your registration form.
- Once you submit your registration form, an email will be sent to you in a week’s time to confirm your details. Payment (as a presenting or non-presenting participant) must be made by 14 June 2021 to confirm your registration.
- The announcement for the submitted papers will be made known by 17 May 2021 (unless otherwise informed) and the decision is final. A letter of acceptance will be issued to the participants whose papers are selected for presentation.
- Registration status of the participants whose papers are declined for presentation will be automatically changed to non-presenting participant. Hence, we advise every participant to wait for the announcement of paper decisions before making any payment.
- All submitted papers will go through preliminary review. Only 10-15 papers will be accepted/selected for presentation. Constructive comments will be given by the panel after each presentation during the symposium to improve each paper and provide learning opportunities to all participants, including non-presenting participants. As such, non-presenting participants are encouraged to join and network.
- Journal of Applied Structural Equation Modelling (Regular Issue)
- Asian Journal of Business Research (Regular Issue)
- Asian Academy of Management Journal (Regular Issue)
- Journal of Marketing Analytics (Special Issue)
- More to come
Updates are also provided at: