- Read the memorandum of association (cover letter) of the application form carefully and the information on this page carefully.
- Download the application form, fill up accurately and sign (for both membership registration and renewal).
- Scan the completed application form and email to SRS.
- Your application form will be reviewed. If it is supported and seconded by the committee members, you will receive notification of acceptance.
- Pay the registration fee (RM100 for new member, RM50 for renewal) using bank transfer (details are provided at the bottom of this page).
- Scan the payment slip and email to SRS to complete your application process.
- You will receive email to confirm your membership. Membership certificate will be sent to you at the same time or within a week time.
- Please inform us if you did not receive our reply at any point of the process.
BENEFITS AS MEMBER
- You will receive an e-certificate to acknowledge you as a member of SRS.
- You will be given special rate or other promotional rate which is deemed appropriate by the committee for joining the workshop, conference or any event organized by SRS. Such rate is to be determined by the committee on a case by case basis.
- You will be informed via email the upcoming activities by SRS and given the opportunity to take part.
- You are eligible to join any event by SRS specifically for members, such as SRS members gathering, seminar on publication, expert talk and etc with no fee.
- You are eligible to join SRS Annual General Meeting and have the voting rights.
REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT PROCEDURE
Effective January 2018, SRS will only accept new registration and membership renewal in January and June every year. The fees, which are valid for one year, are listed as follows:
New Registration of an Ordinary Member: RM100
Membership Renewal of an Ordinary Member: RM50
New Registration of an Associate Member: RM100 (For non-Malaysian)
Membership Renewal of an Associate Member: RM50 (For non-Malaysian)
Registration and renewal fee must be made to the following account. Once your application form is accepted, you will be informed of the committee decision. Only then should you make the payment of registration/renewal fee to SRS. Payment (bank) slip or receipt must be sent to email@example.com to confirm your registration or renewal. Any bank transfer and receiving charges are to be paid by the sender and should not be deducted from the payment of fee to SRS. SRS DOES NOT entertain payment via any other means (including cash and LPO).
Bank Name: Maybank
Account Name: Sarawak Research Society
Account Number: 161033234990
Branch: Maybank Kuching Main, Ground and Mezzanine Floor
Lot 215, Section 47, Jalan Song Thian Cheok, 93100 Kuching Sarawak, Malaysia
Swift Code: MBBEMYKL (for foreign telegraphic transfer, FTT)