- Read the memorandum of association (cover letter) of the application form carefully and the information on this page carefully.
- Download the application form, fill up accurately and sign. Your signature indicates you have read and understood your role as a SRS member (memorandum of association).
- Scan the completed application form and email to SRS.
- Your application form will be reviewed. If it is supported and seconded by the committee members, you will receive notification of acceptance.
- Pay the registration fee (RM100 for new member) using bank transfer (details are provided at the bottom of this page).
- Scan the payment slip and email to SRS to complete your application process.
- You will receive email to confirm your membership. Membership certificate will be sent to you at the same time or within a week time. Please note that it is a lifetime membership.
- Please inform us if you did not receive our reply at any point of the process.
BENEFITS AS MEMBER
- You will receive an e-certificate to acknowledge you as a member of SRS.
- You will be given special rate or other promotional rate which is deemed appropriate by the committee for joining the workshop, conference or any event organized by SRS. Such rate is to be determined by the committee on a case by case basis.
- You will be informed via email the upcoming activities by SRS and given the opportunity to take part.
- You are eligible to join any event by SRS specifically for members, such as SRS members gathering, seminar on publication, expert talk and etc with no fee.
- You are eligible to join SRS Annual General Meeting and have the voting rights.
CODE OF CONDUCTS
- Members are expected to have joined the Society voluntarily so as to make contribution to academia, community and industry without expectation of any financial return.
- Registration is mandatory for every member, and the membership is lifetime. However, membership can be terminated if the member in question is found to breach the code of conducts stipulated in the following points.
- Members shall conduct their professional activities with respect for the Society’s interest, and shall at all times act with integrity in dealing with fellow members, clients and the general public.
- Members shall not intentionally disseminate false or misleading information, whether written, spoken or implied nor disclose any relevant facts without express consent from the Chairman or/and Secretary.
- Members shall not represent personal, conflicting or competing interest using the Society’s name except with the express consent from the Chairman or/and Secretary in written form.
- If any member in the opinion of the Committee acts in any way prejudicial to the interest of the Society or his/her members, the committee shall have full power to reconsider his membership and expel him/her.
- The Committee shall have full control of the Society, power to engage, control and dismissal of the members and all such administrative powers as may be necessary for fittingly carrying out the Society’s activities.
REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT PROCEDURE
Effective June 2020, SRS will accept new registration throughout the year. The fees of new registration is RM100 for an Ordinary Member (Malaysian) and RM100 for an Associate Member (non-Malaysian).
Registration fee must be made to the following account. Once your application form is accepted, you will be informed of the committee decision. Only then should you make the payment of registration fee to SRS. Payment (bank) slip or receipt must be sent to email@example.com to confirm your registration or renewal. Any bank transfer and receiving charges are to be paid by the member and should not be deducted from the payment of fee to SRS. SRS DOES NOT entertain payment via any other means (including cash and LPO). All fees paid are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Bank Name: Maybank
Account Name: Sarawak Research Society
Account Number: 161033234990
Branch: Maybank Kuching Main, Ground and Mezzanine Floor
Lot 215, Section 47, Jalan Song Thian Cheok, 93100 Kuching Sarawak, Malaysia
Swift Code: MBBEMYKL (for foreign telegraphic transfer, FTT)