Sarawak Youth Talent (SYT) 2022 is co-organize by Sarawak Research Society @ SRS and the Faculty of Hospitality and Tourism Management @ FHTM, UCSI University Sarawak Campus with the support of the Ministry of Tourism, Creative Industry and Performing Arts @ MTCP Sarawak and Jabatan Pendidikan Negeri (JPN) Sarawak. This competition starts from 1st April 2022 until 13th August 2022 (4 months 13 days), aims to promote responsible tourism and behaviour among the young generation in Sarawak, foster creativity among them and provide a platform for them to be actively involved in responsible tourism development. The theme for this SYT 2022 is Responsible Tourism, Social Inclusivity and Environmental Well-Being in Sarawak.
Responsible Tourism is to minimize and reverse the effect of travelling. It is a concept to make the attraction sustainable and the community gain advantage from tourism activities. Both tourists and host play vital role in responsible tourism in making the place better for people to live in and better for people to visit. Responsible tourists make decision based on what is best for local communities in long term, making sure the action have positive impact and play an active part of the community rather than being a spectator.
Social Inclusivity is that everyone, regardless of their background, can achieve full potential in life. It is also defined as “a society for all” in which everyone has active role to play in. Social inclusion accommodate diversity, and facilitate people participation in political, economic, and social lives such as no differences in race, gender, class, generation and geography. Some examples of social inclusivity is that policies and actions promote equal access to services for everyone and allowing people’s participation in decision making process that will affect their lives.
Environmental Well-Being is where the surroundings, includes the air, water, object, and land in or on which human, animals, and plants live are in good condition. The relationship between the environment and human are interdependence and any human activities that affect the environmental well-being will affect human own personal well-being. Therefore, it is important to contribute to the health of the planet and works towards combating climate issue for the future generation to live in a healthy environment.
a) Poster Design Competition – Secondary school students (Age 13-17)
b) One-Minute TikTok Video Competition – University/College students (Age 18-25)
**Students under 18 years old are compulsory to acquire permission from the supervisor (parent, teacher or guardian) to participate in SYT2022.
Open for Registration and Submission : 1st April 2022
Close for Registration and Submission : 20th July 2022 (12 Noon)
Evaluation Period : 24th July – 6th August 2022 (2 weeks)
Date: 13th August 2021, Saturday
Time: 9:30AM – 11:30 PM
Venue : Ballroom, UCSI Hotel Kuching & Facebook Live (Hybrid)
The winning contestants will receive the following:
|Secondary Schools Category|
|Poster Design Competition||RM400 (10 Outstanding awards) RM200 (5 Commended awards)|
|Colleges/University Category or High Education Category|
|One-Minute TikTok Video Competition||RM500 (5 Outstanding awards) RM200 (5 Commended awards)|
1.Special Prize may be awarded to deserving participants in each category.
2. Apart from prize money, there will be other prizes in non-monetary form.
3. Prizes will be sent to the winners after the Event. Arrangement will be made between the organizer and the winners.
(REGISTRATION FORM (with terms and conditions))
- Each contestant must complete a registration form. Incomplete form will not be processed.
- Completed form as well as production (video or poster) must be submitted to Ms. Mandy Chen by 20th July 2022. She can be contacted at email@example.com or +6014-2871389. The production will go through preliminary screening to ensure its suitability.
- Contestants are given more than 4 months to complete their work; closing date will be on 20th July 2022.
- Productions submitted after the closing date will not be accepted. Completed/Scanned registration form are required to confirm registration. The organizer will not be held liable for any damage or loss to the submitted productions.
- Entries will be judged equally based on (A) Relevance to the Theme [30%]; (B) Originality or Creativity [40%]; and (C) Delivery of Message [30%].
- Judges’ votes are final, conclusive, and binding. Their votes will make up 90% of the total scores and the votes from the public based on the number of likes on each production on Sarawak Youth Talent Facebook page from 24th July to 6th August 2022 which make up the remaining 10%. No further appeal, enquiry and/ or correspondence will be entertained.
All completed registration forms along with the productions (either poster in PDF or image file like JPEG and PNG, or One-Minute TikTok Video in MP4 or link to the contestant TikTok account) have to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org directly by 12 noon on 20th July 2022.
- The content must be related to the theme of SYT2022.
- Poster can be hand drawn or be prepared in digital form with the size of A4 paper (297×210 mm).
- The content must be written in English (except for specific terms).
- Poster must clearly show the selected theme (Responsible Tourism, Social Inclusivity or Environment Well-Being) The descriptions of the theme are provided on our website.
- Poster should deliver a meaningful message (using images and words) in accordance with its theme.
- The production in PDF or image file (JPEG or PNG). The content will be reviewed before sending for evaluation.
One-Minute TikTok Video Guidelines
- The content must be related to the theme of SYT2022.
- Video must not exceed 1 minute. Narration must be in English. BM or Mandarin is allowed if subtitles in English are provided.
- Video must clearly show the selected theme (Responsible Tourism, Social Inclusivity or Environment Well-Being) The descriptions of the theme are provided on our website.
- Video should deliver a meaningful message (using images and words) in accordance with its theme.
- The production in MP4 in good quality (at least 1080×1920 px). Participants may also send the link to the video in their TikTok account (make sure it is visible to public). The content will be reviewed before sending for evaluation.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Every contestant must provide valid information on the registration form. Incomplete form will not be considered.
- Every submission must be done by individual. Registration by groups is not accepted.
- All submitted productions must be the original works of the contestants, and no part or component thereof is copied from any other works.
- By submitting a production to SYT2022, each contestant confirms that he/she is the legal and/or beneficial owner or otherwise has the intellectual property rights to submit such production; and therefore, warrant that he/she has obtained rights in incorporating copyright materials i.e. music, soundtrack, audio, images and video clips in his/her production. Each production and any part thereof shall not at any time infringe or violate any laws or the rights of third party.
- Submitted productions must not have been submitted to or contested in any other contests or events before.
- Submitted productions must not contain or reference any names or products of any company or any third-party trademarks, logos, or recognizable figures without formal consent
- Inappropriate productions that are lewd, obscene, sexually explicit, pornographic, disparaging, defamatory, libelous, illegal, offensive, or otherwise contain controversial content or objectionable material should not be submitted. The Organizer reserves the right to remove or demand the contestant to remove/revise such content at any time at Organizer’s sole discretion.
- By submitting the productions, the contestants have granted the Organizer exclusive rights to use them for promotional purpose whenever appropriate and necessary.
- All costs and any expenses in connection with the productions shall be fully borne by the contestants.
- Every contestant will receive e-Certificate of Participation. Certificate of Recognition will be given to individuals who win the contest.
- Contestants are not required to attend the award-giving ceremony physically on 13th August 2022 as they can join the ceremony online.